Union Square Station Associates (US2), Somerville’s master developer partner for Union Square’s revitalization, and Union Square Main Streets (USMS) today announced the launch of a mystery shopper survey to support local businesses participating in the City of Somerville’s Small Business Technical Assistance Program.
The Technical Assistance Program is sponsored by US2 and USMS, delivered by business consulting firm Retail Visioning and operated by the City of Somerville Office of Economic Development’s Small Business Suite initiative. The program helps storefront small businesses in Union Square refine their business approach and take advantage of the new opportunities that will be presented by the redevelopment and enhancement of Union Square.
Businesses selected to participate in the program have a one-on-one consulting relationship with a Retail Visioning expert who works with the business owner at their place of business to help address their specific needs. It provides assessments, recommendations and implementation support for business improvement in the areas of identity and positioning, store and restaurant design, visual merchandising and retail marketing.
The mystery shopper survey is designed to solicit volunteers to offer feedback to support local Union Square businesses.
“US2 is pleased to sponsor this valuable program, and the mystery shopper survey is an important tool for these great neighborhood businesses who are looking to be even more responsive to their customers,” said US2 President Greg Karczewski.
Participating businesses include:
· RiverDog: Owned by Peter & Priscilla Lareau, RiverDog is a dog daycare, training facility and pet supply store that carries health foods, treats and supplies for dogs and cats. It is located at 321 Somerville Ave.
· Beadkreative: Opened in July 2014 by Millali Marcano, Beadkreative is a unique beading supplies store that also offers classes and a consignment shop for local artists to sell their bead-inspired art. It is located at 369 Somerville Ave.
· Mineiaro One Stop Market: This corner shop owned by Francisco Valadares Silva is located at 57 Union Square, and offers Latin American groceries, spices and general wares as well as a Brazilian buffet.
Residents are invited to complete the survey through February 10th. Reviews by mystery shoppers are held in confidence, and relevant insights and suggestions will be shared in aggregate with the business owners.
“Public input will provide these businesses with information that they need to better serve their current customers and attract new customers,” said Esther Hanig, Executive Director of Union Square Main Streets.
The survey can be found online at http://tinyurl.com/hm4vn4g. Residents can also receive digital copies of the survey by emailing Max MacCarthy at email@example.com or calling 617-625-6600 x2515. Hard copies can be found at the following locations:
· Union Square Main Streets office (66-70 Union Square)
· US2 headquarters (Workbar Union - 31 Union Square )
· RiverDog (321 Somerville Ave)
· BeadKreative (369 Somerville Ave.)
· Mineirao One Stop Market (57 Union Square)
For respondents who do not use the online survey, their completed survey can be returned to Max MacCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the offices of Union Square Main Streets or US2.